I'm going to work very hard to keep this space one that helps students and families know what we did in class today. I WILL NOT POST THINGS AHEAD OF TIME. This is a place for students to know what was actually covered in class. SEE THE HANDOUTS ARCHIVE for PDFs of handouts from class or Google documents we used in class. I hope this is helpful for bridging the gap between school and home.
8/31 - Day one for 7/8 graders
- Locker assignments conducted in 1st period. By Friday, 9/8, we expect students to use their lockers. Therefore, no BAGS, BACKPACKS, PURSES, or DANCE BAGS will be allowed in classrooms.
- da Vinci planners distributed through 1st period. Soon, I will be checking on every students' organizational/calendaring system. Please discuss with your child.
- Draw a Pig - A completely UN-scientific Personality Test - fun activity to get to know each other. Pig sketches outside my classroom now.
- Fun Idiom Discussion - discussions at table areas.
- Artist Trading Card first assignment - SEE HANDOUT ARCHIVE FOR DETAILS.
- Marshmallow Challenge & class discussion
- Reminders about ATC and composition notebook
- EARLY RELEASE DUE TO HEAT & AIR QUALITY
- ATC DUE TODAY - share how ATC represents you and tells a brief story of who you are. Ms. W collected all cards.
- Planner Scavenger Hunt - 1st period ONLY
- Absent Buddies assigned - helps Ms. W do attendance quickly and accurately. This is the same buddy who will be your Logkeeper if every you're absent. They will take class notes for you and collect any handouts given.
- Reminders about having composition notebook and a lock for locker by Friday.