- Discussed writers' craft & writers' moves by going over Sandra Cisneros' piece "My Name". We found ways to REVISE and improve our name pieces.
- Discussed figurative language usage, alliteration, order of events, ways the author showed parts of Esperanza's identity to us without merely JUST TELLING, but SHOWING us the details in poetic ways.
- Students should go home tonight and REVISE and edit their piece to consider adding some of the details we discussed and took notes on in class.
- BRING NEW BEST NAME PIECE IN TOMORROW.
- Some classes had time to share, others did not and we will share tomorrow.
WRITING PIECE #1 - THINGS TO REMEMBER
NO RYOT TIME TODAY, instead we talked about the stories on our identity webs and our names.
CHANGED DUE DATE OF WRITING PIECE #1 - MOVED TO MONDAY, SEPT. 17
Susan Robertson - our brand new librarian - came in and did...