- We practiced some different ways to conduct small group discussions. Students received two new handouts (that should go in the NOTES section of your WRN): DISCUSSION SENTENCE STARTERS and a CLASSROOM DISCUSSION guide. If you were absent, your copies are waiting here for you.
- We had small group discussions on several different aspects of "The Lottery".
- As a whole class, we discussed highlights from the small group discussions.
- Most commonly, the areas of setting, symbolism,
- HOME EDIT for Letter-Essay #2 - get them completed by this evening!!! Remember to get your parent's signature on the Editing Checklist or a scrap of paper to attach to the checklist before Friday.
- PEER EDITS will happen Wed. and Thurs. SO HAVE ENOUGH OF YOUR LETTER-ESSAY COMPLETED TO GET A DECENT EDIT FROM A PEER.
- HAVE A RYOT BOOK ON THURS. & FRI.
- Select a book or two to have at home with you over the break.