- CHECKED IN ON HOW THINGS WENT WHILE MS. W WAS AWAY.
- CHECKED IN ON WORK THAT WAS COMPLETED WHILE MS. W WAS AWAY.
- COLLECTED ANY FINISHED WORK.
- GAVE TIME TODAY TO WORK ON UNFINISHED WORK FROM FRIDAY & MONDAY.
- VOCAB/GRAMMAR PACKET (was given on Monday, Nov. 20) IS DUE MONDAY, NOV. 27. If you were absent on Monday, see Handouts Archive for a copy of worksheets. PLEASE TRY TO FINISH THESE OVER THE BREAK. If you are unable to print worksheets, Ms. W will give you extra time to complete the packet.
- Go to the CommonLit.org site
- DO NOT HIT CREATE AN ACCOUNT.
- Instead, go up to the right corner and click on LOGIN
- Click on the Login with your Google account - which is ONLY your apps4pps.net account
- You will be prompted to login with a "NEW" password, but DO NOT CREATE A NEW PASSWORD, simply type in your apps4pps.net password in the NEW password box and in the CONFIRM box.
- You'll be taken to MY ACCOUNT - you'll see your name, that's how you'll know you've gone to the correct spot.
- Click on MY ASSIGNMENTS. You'll see "THANK YOU M'AM"
- Once you've got the story up, familiarize yourself with the interface and learn how to navigate around on the page.
- MS. W CAN ANSWER OTHER QUESTIONS NEXT WEEK. IF YOU DON'T HAVE INTERNET OR SIMPLY CANNOT FIGURE OUT HOW TO GET ON, NO WORRIES. We'll worry about it next week.
WE ALSO LOGGED INTO NEWSELA TO REACQUAINT OURSELVES WITH THE SITE. PLEASE DO THAT THIS WEEKEND IF YOU HAVEN'T BEEN THERE IN A WHILE. We will start using it this quarter.
HOMEWORK OVER THE BREAK:
- Finish vocab/grammar packet from Monday, Nov. 20 - it's due Monday.
- Go to Commonlit.org - see sign-in instructions above
- Check out Newsela
- READ, READ, READ and make some specific reading goals: number of books you'll read this quarter and which ones (actually make a list).
ENJOY YOUR TIME WITH YOUR FAMILIES. COLLECT MEMORIES AND FAMILY STORIES.