Letter-Essay Work Continued...
- We used the two samples (teacher sample and student sample L-E) that are in your WRN, to practice highlighting skills. We used our editing/highlighting checklist to know which elements to highlight on the sample L-E's. Then, we discussed why we highlighted the elements and checked to see we did so in the correct colors.
- Then, we looked at even more student samples of L-E. Each student read two to three samples. They read for strengths and weaknesses in the writing. We read for where the writer made use of the L-E required elements.
- Lastly, we discussed the merits of the L-E's we read and scored them. We discussed (using the rubric and the standards) why a L-E received the score - specifically why something was say a PR and not an HP or why it was a CP and not a PR.
- Vocabulary Unit #4 DUE TOMORROW
- FRIDAY, OCT. 27, IS THE FINAL DAY TO TURN IN ANY LATE/MISSING/INCOMPLETE WORK!!!